SCEF Supports San Carlos Students
The San Carlos Education Foundation (SCEF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to educational excellence in San Carlos by raising funds to bridge the gap between school needs and state funding.
SCEF fundraising benefits all San Carlos elementary and middle schools. In 2016, SCEF raised over $2.4 million to fund programs at all SCSD schools including:
- Smaller class sizes (K-3)
- Field trips
- Middle school electives (including music, language, design and the arts)
- Technology (personnel, devices and infrastructure)
- Enrichment programs (PE, library and literacy)
- Elementary school music
- Principal’s site flex funds
- FUND-A-NEED (School Wish Lists and Music Program Support)
Learn more about how SCEF grants funds to San Carlos schools.
Donate to SCEF.
How is SCEF fundraising different from PTA fundraising?
SCEF fundraising focuses on ensuring that our schools are strong district-wide and able to all offer a high level of educational excellence.
Arundel PTA fundraising focuses on funding programs which build community and enhance the educational experience. The PTA funds initiatives like: art and science programs, school assemblies, teacher and class mini grants, and so many other things. Learn more.