Parent – Teacher Association (PTA)
What We Do
The Arundel PTA exists to promote the welfare of students and to drive programs and activities that benefit students and our school, enhance the learning experience and build community with our families.
- Student and School Success — All students should receive a world-class education that prepares them for long-term success in college and careers. PTA programs get families engaged in their children’s education and support their learning. Parental involvement makes a big difference in student success and school improvement.
- Health and Safety — Every child should have a healthy and safe place to live, learn and thrive. PTA provides tools and resources—such as our Connect for Respect initiative—to help students, parents and schools work together to create a positive school climate.
- Arts and Culture — Every child should receive a well-rounded education with access to arts and cultural opportunities. PTA celebrates and raises awareness about the importance of arts education and provides all students the opportunity to explore and be involved in the arts through our annual Reflections program.
- Advocacy — Families should be empowered to advocate for children in the community. PTA’s policy agenda, advocacy toolkit and state and national trainings make it easy for any parent to make a difference.
The PTA is funded through membership and fundraising activities throughout the school year. The funds allow the PTA to plan, financially support, and organize the following programs that benefit the entire Arundel community:
- Art in Action
- Science programs for the classroom
- School support
- Study trips, enrichment assemblies and activity days
- Technology for the computer lab and classrooms
- Library books and classroom materials
- Enrichment curriculum in science and art
- Life skills training and support
- Teacher mini-grants and grade level grants
- Play equipment on the upper and lower playgrounds
- Campus beautification
- Special events, e.g. Teacher Appreciation Week, Halloween Fun Day, Kindergarten Picnic, Science Night, Heritage Fair, Family Fun Nights, and much, much more!
Join the PTA
Make a difference to our school community by joining the PTA. Your membership dues help support programs and supplies for our students and teachers. The PTA helps coordinate many different programs and fundraising activities at our school and is an important driver of important initiatives that benefit our school and community.
We value the input of our parents and invite you to attend any of our monthly meetings to learn more about what the PTA is working on, share ideas and get involved. Visit the school calendar and find out when our next PTA meeting is.
Consider joining today! Signing up for a membership is an easy way to support the school and it does not have to mean a large time commitment – you are under no obligation to attend meetings or volunteer for events. If you are interested in becoming more involved, you can attend the optional monthly meetings or see the different volunteer opportunities.
Joining the PTA has never been easier! Choose a membership option from the menu below and your payment will be processed through PayPal. Paypal is easy to use and a secure method of completing online purchases. If you’d like to pay for your membership by check instead, please visit the Arundel office.
Donate to the PTA.
Did you miss the chance to donate during our last fundraiser or just want to donate now? Click below to help the PTA fund important programs throughout the year.
How is PTA Fundraising Different from SCEF Fundraising?
SCEF fundraising focuses on ensuring that our schools are strong district-wide and able to offer a high level of educational excellence. SCEF funds things like smaller class sizes (Grades K-2), school counselors, field trips, and many more. Learn more about how SCEF fundraising supports our school.
Arundel PTA fundraising focuses on supporting programs which build community and enhance the educational experience. The PTA funds initiatives like: art and science programs, school assemblies, teacher and class mini grants, and so many other things listed at the top of this page.
Arundel and our students benefit greatly from both SCEF and PTA fundraising efforts and support. Please consider making a donation to SCEF and the PTA today.
Volunteering is Easy!
There are many ways to volunteer for the PTA. We give you lots of chances to sign up to help. Look for sign up sheets at Back to School Night, Kindergarten events and PTA meetings. Check in with your room reps and read notices posted in the weekly Arundel Knightly News (AKN) to sign up to help with activities and projects. There are several opportunities that can fit your expertise, interest, and/or bandwidth. See a list of open school volunteer opportunities.
To sign up or get more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact any Board Member (listed below).
PTA Board Contacts 2016/2017
- Roberta Marks – President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hazel Stabinsky – Executive Vice President: email@example.com
- Lindsay Byrnes – VP of Fundraising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carey Deitrich – Treasurer: email@example.com
- Carrie Marquez – Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Ackbury – VP of Events: email@example.com
- Kristin Martinez – Historian: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Meeting Minutes
PTA meeting minutes are available after each meeting and posted online.