Counselor’s Corner, Meet Meredith Larsen
Mrs. Meredith Larsen, our School Counselor has many roles at Arundel, including:
- Visiting all classrooms weekly for social and emotional learning lessons. Using a curriculum called Second Step, students learn about rules for the classroom and playground, feelings and emotions, self-regulation skills, and problem solving skills.
- Supporting students on the playground through joining-in games and conflict resolution.
- Consulting with parents and teachers to help with social and emotional concerns.
- Facilitating small group sessions for students on special topics such as social skills, coping skills, changing families/divorce, and grief. Parent permission and teacher approval is required for small group participation.
- Coordinating the student Peacemakers program. Peacemakers are older students who help their peers and younger students resolve conflicts on the playground.
- Coordinating school-wide assemblies and kindness programs.
- Providing referrals and resources for students and families needing extra support.
Parents are welcome to contact Mrs. Larsen by email or through the school office.
- Meredith Larsen
- School Counselor, MS, PPSC, LMFT
- Arundel Elementary School
- 650-508-7311 Arundel Office M-F 8:15-3pm
Check out this video on the Science of Character and SEL
Check out Mrs. Larsen’s favorite blog, Books That Heal Kids