Meet our amazing Arundel staff!
Our educators and administrators work together to create a safe and caring learning environment for your child.
Transitional Kindergarten Teaching Team
- Started at Arundel in 2011.
- Previously taught Kindergarten in East Palo Alto for 5 years before coming to San Carlos.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: My mom was a teacher for 40 years, so I grew up always helping her with school things at home and in the classroom.
- Hobbies/Interests: I love to cook, to watch the SF Giants, and read.
- Fun Fact: I lived in Munich, Germany for a year as an au pair after I graduated from college.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Teaching Team
- Started at Arundel in 2002.
- Has taught kindergarten and first grade.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I have always loved being in school. I enjoy working with kids – they are curious and enthusiastic. Every day is a new adventure.
- Hobbies/Interests: Yoga, music, art museums, cooking & baking, bootcamp, Broadway plays, and one day I’ll get caught up on photo books.
- Fun Fact: I grew up in New York, lied at the beach in San Diego and enjoyed city living in San Francisco. The Bay Area is my home because it has a little bit of everything!
- Email: email@example.com
- I began at Arundel 4 years ago in 2013. I have taught TK-1st grade with a majority of years in TK/K. This is my 9th year as a credentialed teacher. Prior to teaching as a credentialed teacher, I was an aide in kindergarten for two years. I also taught 8th graders at a bridge program for 4 years.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I always liked working with kids. Many members of my extended family are teachers – and are an inspiration. I love working with children and the way their faces light up when they learn something new. It is fun to be a part of helping them learn and grow socially/emotionally-especially in the younger grades.
- Hobbies/Interests: SF Giants, travel, fun time with family & friends, hiking, swimming, walking my chocolate lab, Otis, and playing with my daughter Emma (almost 2 years old).
- Fun Fact: I went to Arundel as a child and had Ms. Wolfe as my 2nd grade teacher.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started at Arundel in 2003.
- Has taught Kindergarten at Arundel for 14 years.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I’ve always been inspired to learn new things throughout my life and teaching is a perfect way to share with children my excitement to learn.
- Hobbies/Interests: Horseback riding, snowboarding, wakeboarding, golfing, and traveling.
- Fun Fact: I don’t know how to dive, but I keep trying to learn!
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Grade Teaching Team
- Started at Arundel in 2003, teaching first grade for the last 15 years.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I’ve always worked around young children as an aide, a swim instructor or babysitter. When I was a Junior in college working at Y-Camp, I decided that it would be so fun to spend all my days with young kids! They’re so innocent, hilarious and way more interesting to be around than adults!
- Hobbies/Interests: Snowboarding, shopping, spending time with family & friends. I am HUGE reader. I always have a book in my purse and thousands more to read at any given time. I love going to Giants games and hanging out with my family.
- Fun Fact: I am an incredible hula hooper.
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in 2012, previously taught at Heather Elementary in San Carlos for 19 years. Have taught grades K, 2, 2/3, 3,3/4, 4.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: Wanting to work with children and make a difference.
- Hobbies/Interests: Gardening/home improvement, Scrapbooking, Softball, Shopping.
- Fun Fact: I was born in Bombay, India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I began my teaching career at Arundel in 1997 as an associate. I worked here for 4 years. I was then offered a job at Brittan Acres where I worked for 13 years. In 2014, I moved back to my home school-Arundel to teach 1st grade. In this district. I’ve taught Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was very young. I love working with children and helping them learn.
- Hobbies/Interests: Reading, knitting, and exercising are things I enjoy doing. I also like to spend as much time as I can with friends and family.
- Fun Fact: Once upon a time, I was a flight attendant for Pan American World Airways.
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in 1999. I have taught second grade (for two years) and first grade (14 years).
- Inspired to become a teacher because: My sister worked at a school for deaf kids and I found myself helping out a lot.
- Hobbies/Interests: Hanging out with my family. We love going to the beach, traveling, skiing and playing sports together. When I am without my family I hit the mall and shop!
- Fun Fact: I am very afraid of spiders and snakes!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Grade Teaching Team
- Started at Arundel in 1997 and have been teaching here ever since.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I was inspired by one of my favorite teachers to become a teacher. I have always had a heart and passion for children. I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was in the 5th grade.
- Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy getting pampered at spas.
- Fun Fact: I love to dance!
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in 2002, teaching second grade the whole time.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: My mom was a second grade teacher and I always helped in her
classroom. And, I am passionate about teaching future generations to care for the earth.
- Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my family, SF Giants, going to Lake Tahoe
- Fun Fact: I love snorkeling!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started at Arundel in 2006. Started teaching in 1999. I have taught preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, 1st, & 2nd.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I always liked working with kids.
- Hobbies/Interests: I play the guitar, try to stay fit, and like to follow the SF Giants.
- Fun fact: My favorite band is RUSH! I have seen them 39 times in concert.
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in August 1986 – 23 years in 3rd grade, 8 years in 2nd grade.
- Previous teaching experience includes: 69-70: Los Angeles/ESL/Grade 1; 70-71: Rancho Cordova Elementary/Grade 6; 71-75: Kirkwood Elementary/Iowa City, IA/Grades 4, 5,6; 75-76: Wright State University/Dayton, OH/Taught Child Literacy/TABA; 76-86: Sequoia HS District/Adult ED (CPNS); 86-2016: Arundel/San Carlos/Grades 3 & 2.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I come from a long line of educators and school administrators. I grew up with “book people” and Sally, Dick, and Jane since my family and relatives were executives in the Scott Foresman Co (book publishers) – currently Pearson Publications.
- Hobbies/Interests: Loved to ski, play co-ed water polo, tennis, golf & swim. Now I WATCH sports! Love to read and travel.
- Fun Fact: Started out teaching as Miss Lyons – ended up as Ms. Wolfe.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Grade Teaching Team
- Started at Arundel in 2013 as a long-term substitute.
- Has also taught grades K, 2, 3, and 4.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I always knew I wanted to work with kids and I enjoy helping others. I am inspired daily by my students’ curiosity, humor, challenges, and light bulb moments.
- Hobbies/Interests: I love hiking, exploring new hiking spots, yoga, wakeboarding, traveling, cooking, and spending time with family – my husband and two dogs, Miley and Levi, who enjoy their daily walks and belly rubs.
- Fun Fact: I was an avid equestrian and competed for many years!
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in 2005, taught 3rd or 2/3 while at Arundel and first and 4th as a student teacher.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: My own teachers throughout my entire school experience were very influential in my decision to become a teacher myself. Also, I was inspired to become a teacher when I was in college at USC. I was a volunteer at a local elementary school (6th grade.) I was a business major at the time, but I was miserable with my accounting, economic, and statistics classes. My time at the elementary school was my favorite part of the week! I ended up changing my major.
- Hobbies/Interests: I love to travel, read, go to the beach, work in the garden, cook.
- Fun Fact: I’d like to write children’s books some day.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started at Arundel in 2001. Spent 11 years teaching kindergarten and this is the fifth year teaching 3rd grade.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a teacher. I always loved playing school at home. I also loved the organization of the classroom (the supplies, desks, calendar, etc). My first fond memory of a teacher was Miss Carpenter in 1st grade at Highlands School in San Mateo. She was beautiful, tall, kind, & patient!
- Hobbies/Interests: Sports, Reading, Travel, Food/Wine, Animals!
- Fun Fact: I was as an administrative assistant at David Powell, Inc, an executive search firm for six years before becoming a teacher at Arundel.
- Email: email@example.com
- Started at Arundel in 2006.
- Prior to Arundel: Writers Workshop Teacher, Alvarado School, San Francisco Student taught 4th/5th grade @ Alvarado School, SF.
- Inspired to become a teacher because: My love of teaching comes from my students. I am inspired and learn from them every day.
- Hobbies/Interests: Yoga, hiking, cooking, camping, and gardening.
- Fun Fact: I am a certified yoga teacher.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fourth Grade Teaching Team (Mariposa)
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- 2016/17 was my first year at Arundel.
- Previously I taught computer and third grade in New Mexico before moving to the bay area and beginning to teach at Arundel.
- Inspired to become a teacher because:
- Inspired to become a teacher because: I love the process of learning and once I had my own children I had a new perspective on the important role that teachers play in growing our children. This inspired me to become teacher so I could be as important for other children as others would be for my children.
- Hobbies/Interests: Hiking and anything outdoors, reading, exercising, knitting and crocheting, I also love traveling and going on adventures!
- Fun Fact: I used to live in Rome, Italy.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org